Thursday, February 27, 2014

A little update

Just a quick post today with a few updates.  I have been really busy lately, between getting ready for tax time (I dread it every year) and restocking for my jewelry business and studying for my class.  I am pleased to report that I passed the Food Standards and Sanitation class with a B+ and am now ServSafe certified (with a 95% on the exam!). I start up with my Kitchen Skills class on Wednesday and have had to gather a LOT of (expensive) supplies for that. I have my kitchen tool kit with good, super sharp knives, which I have never had before! And my uniform and kitchen shoes. And of course, the class book. So I am all set to go! It will be a real challenge to wake up at 6am to get ready to head to class. I don't usually have to be up so early, so it will be an adjustment, for sure, but it is just one day a week for 7 weeks. I am looking forward to learning a lot of new things.
I have also kept busy in the kitchen, testing out new recipes and learning a lot. We got a pizza stone and I hope to try out some bread recipes soon, and I have even been doing some savory cooking from scratch. I have had some very successful cookie recipes and some great icing experiments.  I plan to write more about that, I just haven't had the time. I am taking photos along the way to document, at least. I think I have some good ideas and unique approaches to coloring icing that is going to become a signature twist for me in my baking! It's all very exciting and I can't wait to play more! But first, I have to finish those pesky taxes...ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment